Alpenglow Sports announces the first winter edition of the Alpenglow Mountain Festival, presented by title sponsor Nature’s Bakery. The two-week festival is a celebration of human-powered events, clinics, presentations, film and more. Exploring some of the best activities Lake Tahoe has to offer, participants can Nordic ski, backcountry ski, snowshoe and enjoy natural history excursions.
Driven by fun, community, health, education and the embodiment of the mountain lifestyle, the festival has been designed to inspire participants to enjoy and explore North Lake Tahoe’s playground with friends and family. “We’re honored to support the winter edition of the Alpenglow Mountain Festival,” said Nature’s Bakery Vice President of Marketing Andrew Strolin. “It’s great for the community, encourages outdoor activity and promotes healthy lifestyles.”
Alpenglow Mountain Festival is geared toward beginner and intermediate winter recreation enthusiasts, offering a range of activities for all interests and ability levels. The majority of events are free and space is limited. Participants are encouraged to register online in advance to assure spots and for the chance to win great giveaways. Festival highlights:
- Guided Snowshoe, Backcountry and Nordic Ski Tours
- Cross Country Skills and Waxing Clinics
- AIARE Certified Field and Classroom Avalanche Safety Skills Clinics
- Presentations by Leading Athletes, Historians and Recreational Enthusiasts
- Alpenglow Winter Film Series with World-Renowned Big Mountain Climber Adrian Ballinger
- The Dynafit Nachtspektakel – A German Night Ski-Touring Event about Friends, Fun and Community
- Gran Fondo Nordic Ski Event with Olympian and Clif Bar Athlete Katerina Nash – Bringing the European Cross Country Skiing Community to Lake Tahoe
- Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival
- Lake Tahoe Nordic Ski Demo Event
An events schedule, a map and additional detail can be found online at AlpenglowSports.com.